Oh my goodness this meal is delicious and the sauce is to die for. I could just drink the yummy sauce by itself!
I recently made gnocchi with a sage butter sauce and found this recipe in the package of sage. This meal is great for autumn and goes fantastically with mashed potatoes.
- 3/4 oz. of sage (one package of The Herbal Garden brand), chopped and divided into 2 equal portions
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and chopped in 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 bay leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin, about 3 pounds, oiled and generously seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In roasting pan, place apples, shallots, 4 bay leaves and half of the chopped sage. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to coat. Place oiled and seasoned pork loin over mixture.
- Roast approximately 1 hour or until the meat’s internal temperature reaches 160. Remove from pan and let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- Skim off excess oil from pan. Place apples mixture in saute pan and cook until brown. Add stock and reduce stock by half.
- Add cream and cook until sauce starts to thicken. Add remaining sage. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sliced pork.