I saw Beau MacMillan make a recipe similar to this on Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Made”. My brother and I make this sauce together and split it between our two households. Its tastes good and it’s easy to make with ingredients we always have on hand.
- 7 or 8 strips regular bacon
- 1 large onion, pulsed in food processor
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28-ounce can Pastene kitchen ready ground tomatoes
- 1 pound of pasta (I like fusili)
- Cut the bacon into pieces. Using a big saute pan or skillet that has a cover, cook over medium heat until almost crispy. Don’t drain the fat.
- Add the onions to the pan. When the onions are almost cooked and start to become translucent, add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, and then add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on low for about an hour to an hour and a half stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta of your choice as directed and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.