It’s Friday night and I noticed some breakfast sausage links in the refrigerator that expire today. I decided to look around online for some inspiration. I found quite a few breakfast casserole recipes so I went with that and used what I had on hand. My husband loved the final dish, so I am sharing it with you.
- 9 slices of sandwich bread (crusts removed and cubed)
- 12 oz breakfast sausage links (cooked and sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese shredded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray and scatter the bread.
- Sprinkle with the sausage and cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and pour the mixture in the dish. Lightly press down to make sure all ingredients are wet with the egg mixture.
- Bake in a 325 F oven for 45 minutes. Cut and serve. Serves 6-8.