It’s Father’s Day and I wanted to make my Dad’s favorite pie. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and this is my interpretation of it. Blackberries were on sale this week for $1 for a 6 oz package, so I used four packages to make this recipe.
- 24 oz. of fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine 18 oz of blackberries with the sugar and flour. Mix together until no dry flour or sugar is left. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 6 oz of blackberries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges, and cut vents in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Brush the top crust with heavy cream, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F, and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.