It’s almost Halloween. I saw a recipe on Pioneer Woman for monster cookies and thought they looked delicious. I’ve read that monster cookies are supposed to have peanut butter and you omit the flour. I altered the monster cookie recipe and changed the name to goblin cookies. All the little chips and M & M’s looks like spooky goblin eyes watching you!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1 cup M & M’s
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt to bowl and mix till combined. Next add in oats, followed by M & M’s and chocolate chips.
- Add Rice Krispies at the very end, mixing until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop heaping balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes, then allow to cool on a rack.