This is one of my favorite recipes from when I was a kid. Back in the 80’s I had a children’s cooking set called Now You’re Cooking. This was my favorite recipe to make because it is easy and tastes so good.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Place margarine in a medium glass bowl and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Add brown sugar, peanut butter, cocoa and stir until combined.
- Mix in all of the oats.
- Scoop out to make 16 balls and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled and set.