My Mom and I watched a show on Food Network about 10 years ago. It was a show where professional chefs taught unexperienced cooks. They made this pasta salad in an episode and we tried to make it as well. Oh my goodness it is good! And very easy to make. We make it multiple times over the summer. It looks pretty and tastes great. It is an easy make ahead salad for a get together or party. I guarantee your family and guests will love it as much as we do.
- 1 1/2 cups acini di pepe pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 10 basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup crumbled sun dried tomato feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Toss the pasta with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Fold in the tomatoes, pine nuts, onion, and basil. Sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Serve at room temperature.