It is Sunday and chilly outside so I can’t think of anything better to do than make chili and hang out indoors all day. My husband and I researched slow cooker chili recipes yesterday and this is the recipe we developed.
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can tomato puree
- 15 oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.