It’s Sweetest Day, so I thought I’d make my husband a breakfast bake. His favorite meal of the day is breakfast, so this was perfect. I found a recipe on Betty Crocker‘s website.
Makes 12 servings
- 2 packages (12 oz each) bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook sausage, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
* If you’d rather make a smaller recipe using a 9-inch pie plate, cut all ingredient amounts in half and bake 30 to 35 minutes.