Here I go again, making more Pioneer Woman recipes. This one was a major hit with my husband. Made these meatballs this evening and gave my 6 month old son a bath while they baked in the oven. The house smelled so good when we walked downstairs. My husband thinks these should be called meatloaf balls.
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
Items needed for browning meatballs:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- 6 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
- Brown meatballs in vegetable oil until just brown. Place into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve mashed potatoes.